WEEK 1: EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE
- Influence of foreign countries on Nigeria family life
- Influence of religion on Nigeria family life
WEEK 2: INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
WEEK 3: INTER – MARRIAGE
- Meaning of inter – marriage and intra ethnic marriage.
- Advantages of inter – marriage and intra ethnic marriage.
- Disadvantages of inter – marriage and intra ethnic marriage
- Marital failure
WEEK 4: PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP
- Meaning of pre – marital sexual relationship
- The concept of bachelor
- The concept of spinster
- Sexual relationship between unmarried people
- concepts of stds/hiv/aids education
- Sexual behaviours that promotes STDS/AIDS
WEEK 5: SOME FOREIGN CULTURES THAT ARE AFFECTING OUR VALUES AND CULTURE
- foreign cultures that are affecting our values and culture
- advantages and disadvantages of foreign culture
- How we can promote our culture
WEEK 6: RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE IN NIGERIA
- Concept of religious intolerance
- Causes of religious intolerance
- Control of religious intolerance
WEEK 7: LABOUR AND TRADE UNION
- Concept of labour and trade union
- Labour force in schools.
WEEK 8: WAGES AND INCOME DISTRIBUTION
- Concept of wages and income distribution.
- Relationship between income and standard of living
- why some people earn higher salaries than others
- causes of wage increase
- aspect of income management
WEEK 9: EMPLOYMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT
- Meaning of employment and unemployment
- Problems of unemployment
- Solutions to unemployment
- Consequences of people’s negative attitude towards PLWHA workers.
WEEK 10: NIGERIAN AND FOREIGN MADE GOODS
- Some foreign and Nigeria made goods.
- Nigeria import and export products
- Advantages of trading with other countries
WEEK 11: RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT – NATURAL RESOURCES
- Natural resources
- Different types of natural resources
- How the different types of natural resources are developed and managed
- Contribution of individual and organization to resource development
WEEK 12: REVISION AND EXAMINATION