Senior Secondary School Curriculum Government- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Government SS2
Government Curriculum Lagos State for SS2 Second Term
- Colonialism- Both Positive and Negative Impacts.
- Nationalism- Meaning, Factors that Led to the Rise and Growth of Nationalist Movement in West Africa.
- Nationalism- Factors that Increased Nationalist Demand after World War 11, Factors Responsible for Slow Nationalist Activities in French West Africa Colonies.
- Constitutional Development in Nigeria- The Nigerian council of 1914, The National Congress of British West Africa.
- Clifford Constitution of 1922- Features, Merits and Demerits; Richard’s Constitution of 1946-Features, Objectives, Achievement, Weakness and Criticism.
- The Macpherson Constitution of 1951- Features, Achievements and Weakness; London and Lagos Constitutional Conference of 1953 and 1954 Respectively.
- Littleton’s Constitution of 1954- Features, Achievements, Weakness.
- London Constitutional Conference of 1957 and Lagos Constitutional Conference of 1958.
- Independence Constitution of 1960- Features, Achievements and Weakness.
- Republican Constitution of 1963- Features, Merits and Demerits.
- The Second Republican Constitution of 1979- Historical Background, Features, Merits and Demerits;the Differences between 1963 and 1979 Constitution.
- Revision and Examination.
Government Curriculum for SS2 Second Term – Modified
1 & 2 (i) Presidential system of government
Meaning, functions of the president as the Head of state
Characteristics of presidential system of government: merits & demerits.
(ii) Parliamentary system of government
Definition, features of prime minister
Functions of cabinet in a parliamentary system
Collective responsibility and individual responsibility merits and demerits
(iii) The difference between parliamentary and presidential system of government
3&4 (i) Monarchy: Definition, forms, merits, demerits, features
(ii) Republican government: meaning features
(iii) Military government: features reason for military intervention
(iv) Difference between republicanism and monarchy
5 & 6 Constitution and constitutionalism definition sources
Features types (written unwritten rigid flexible unitary
Federal and confederal merits and demerits of each type
Meaning of constitution and purposes
7&8 Structure and organization of government
- Legislature: meaning functions types merits and
Demerits of each type
Bill: meaning types procedure and how bills become law
9 & 10 Executive and the judiciary
11 & 12 Revision and examination