TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION AND CONCEPT
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BY PURPOSE
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Mention the classification of computer by purpose.
- Identify special and general purpose computer.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Analog computer: thermometer, scale machine, blood pressure measuring machine, car speedometer.
- Digital computers: calculator, digital wrist watch
- Hybrid Computers: fuel pumping machine pictures, pictures/charts of mainframe, mini, micro, first, second, third, fourth and fifth generation computers.
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with classification of computer based on generation.
WORD FILE: specific, instructions, efficiency.
CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BASED ON THE PURPOSE THEY ARE DESIGNED FOR
Computer are classified into
- General purpose computer: these computers are design to perform a range of tasks. They have the ability to store numerous programs but they lack speed and efficiency.
- Specific purpose: they are design to handle a specific problem or to perform a specific task. A set of instructions is built into the machine to perform the specific task.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BASED ON GENERATION).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BY PURPOSE.
- She/he explains different computer by purpose.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the differences between special and general purpose computer.
- . STUDENT ACTIVITIES: student were ask to to mention the differences between special and general purpose computer.
- Mention the differences between special and general purpose computer.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BASED ON GENERATIONS
NEXT LESSON: MAINFRAME COMPUTER