TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: SECOND TERM
THEME: LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
- Safe age of reproduction.
- Changes in male and female during puberty.
- Responsible sexual behaviors
- identification of sexual irresponsible behavior
- Consequences of indiscriminate or irresponsible sexual behavior.
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to:
- Safe age of reproduction.
- The Changes in male and female during puberty.
- Know Responsible sexual behaviors
- identify sexual irresponsible behavior
- Know the Consequences of indiscriminate or irresponsible sexual behavior.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures showing the human reproductive system
- Explanatory videos on human reproductive system
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Basic Science and Technology.
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar with the human reproductive system.
WORD FILE: reasonable, economic, cooperate.
Responsible parenthood is the ability of parent s to respect and respond to the needs and aspirations of the family and children.
Parents should detect the needs, happiness and desire of children in helping them to become responsible and reasonable children.
ROLES OF RESPONSIBLE PARENTS
- Parents are to provide for their child basic needs such as food, water, clothing, and medical care.
- Parent must protect the child from abuse from other parents or other household member.
- Parents are to take care of their child’s biological needs like recreation time, sleeping etc.
- Parents are to determine desired number of children they want and time spacing method to adopt.
- Parents are to guide their children on the right path to success in life.
- Parents should determine the aspiration, health status, socio – cultural and economic concern.
- Parent should educate their children about their community
- Parent should teach their children about security in the environment.
QUALITY OF A RESPONSIBLE PARENT
Responsible parents should have the following qualities:
- Parent should cooperate with each other
- Love for the child
- Respect the child
- Care for the child.
- Show Concern to others around them
- Parent should be Honest and tolerance to their children
- They should live peacefully.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (THE HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM).
- The teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer (RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher writes the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- What is responsible parenthood?
- Mention the roles of a responsible parent
- State three qualities of a responsible parent.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: THE HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
NEXT LESSON: WATER PROJECT