TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: SECOND TERM
THEME: YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WATER PROJECT
- Examples of water projects in Nigeria.
- Benefit and Hazard of water project
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to:
- Know various water projects in Nigeria
- Benefit of water project in Nigeria.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures showing woodwork hand tools.
- Explanatory videos on woodwork hand tools.
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Basic Science and Technology.
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students have been taught responsible parenthood.
WORD FILE: underground water, industrial, organizations.
WATER PROJECTS IN NIGERIA
Water includes rain water, oceans lakes, rivers, streams and underground water. Water projects in Nigeria are initiated by the state government, federal government and some Non –governmental organizations to make water more useful and suitable, and available for domestic, industrial and agricultural purposes.
VARIOUS WATER PROJECTS IN NIGERIA
It is a narrow body of water which is controlled by human beings to connect two natural bodies of water.
SOME CANALS IN NIGERIA
- Lagos canals: we have different canals in Lagos state. Some of the canals are: Alafia in orile, Ajegunle, Badia, surulere, national theatre, Ajegunle.
- Kano canals like Hadedia
A dam is a special wall built across a river or stream.
Dams in Nigeria
- Kainji dam in kwara state.
- Shiroro dam in Niger state.
- Orji river dam in Enugu state.
- Ero dam in Ekiti state.
- Tiga dam in Niger state.
Lake is a body of water surrounded by land. The water is usually fresh. In Nigeria, we have Bagauda lake in Kano state.
Ports is a place where ship can load and unload people and goods.
PORTS IN NIGERIA
- Apapa/tinca ports in Lagos state.
- Portharcourt port in Rivers state.
- Calabar sea port in cross –river state.
BENEFITS OF WATER PROJECTS IN NIGERIA
- It provides employment.
- It improves quality of life.
- It reduces water scarcity.
- It reduces erosion.
- It increases agricultural products.
- It serves agricultural purposes.
- It reduces water borne diseases.
- It generate electricity power
- It is used for transportation
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD).
- The teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer (WATER PROJECTS IN NIGERIA).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher
writethe note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- What are hand tools?
- State the groups of woodwork hand tools.
- List marking tools in wood work
- Mention three measuring tools.
- List three cutting tools in wood work.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
NEXT LESSON: AIR