TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: THE FAMILY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: INTER – MARRIAGE
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Meaning of inter – marriage and intra ethnic marriage.
- Advantages of inter – marriage and intra ethnic marriage.
- Disadvantages of inter – marriage and intra ethnic marriage
- Marital failure
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with influence of working parents on the Nigerian life.
WORD FILE: marriage,different, reduction.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
MEANING OF MARRIAGE
Marriage is the legal union between a man and a woman.
INTER MARRIAGE is the marriage between a man and woman from different tribes or groups. E.g. Hausa man marries a Yoruba lady and so on.
INTRA MARRIAGE is the marriage between a man and woman from the same tribes or groups. E.g. Hausa man marries Hausa lady and so on.
ADVANTAGES OF INTER AND INTRA ETHIC MARRIAGES
The following are the advantages of inter – ethic marriages
- National unity
- Mutual economic support
- Co-operation and reduction in inter-ethnic crises.
- Communal peace
- Reduction of inter ethic crises
DISADVANTAGES OF INTER AND INTRA ETHIC MARRIAGES
The following are the disadvantages of inter – ethic marriages
- The long geographical distance between families;
- Language barrier;
- Cultural differences;
VALUES THAT PROMOTE INTER MARRIAGES
- Values – affection
- Long geographical distance between families
- Cultural differences
Marriage failure is when a man and a woman that is married can no longer live together.
REASONS OF MARITAL FAILURE
Advicesfrom bad Friends
- Interference from in-laws
- Cheating on spouse
- Lack of Communication
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three Influence of foreign countries on Nigeria family life
- List three Influence of religion on Nigeria family life
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE