TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Meaning of pre – marital sexual relationship
- The concept of bachelor
- The concept of spinster
- Sexual relationship between unmarried people
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
Premarital sexual relationship is when two unmarried people have sex together.
THE BASIC CONCEPT OF BACHELOR AND SPINSTER
A bachelor is a man who has never been married.
A spinster is a woman who is not married.
DANGERS OF PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP
- Leads to unwanted pregnancy
- Giving birth to bastard
- Contraction of sexually transmitted diseases such as hiv/aids, syphilis.
- Misuse of the body
- Earl marriage
CONCEPT OF STDS/ HIV/AIDS EDUCATION
What are STDS and HIV/AIDS?
STD simply means Sexually transmitted disease. It can be contracted mostly through sex between a male and female.
HIV means Human immune- deficiency virus.
VIRUS is the virus destroys parts of the white blood cells, the body diseases fighting immune system.
AIDS means acquired immune deficiency syndrome. It is an illness that attacks the body and prevents the body from being able to resist other infections. Aids has no cure. It leads to death.
STIS – Sexually transmitted infections
TYPES OF STDS
Some of the stds are:
SEXUAL BEHAVIUORS THAT PROMOTE STDS/ AIDS
- Engaging in pre-marital sex
- Having multiple partners
- Engaging in prostitution
- Having sex without using protection
- Having sex with strangers
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (INTER – MARRIAGE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Meaning of marriage failure
- Mention three Reasons of marriage failure
- dangers of pre-marital sexual relationship
- sexual behaviuors that promote stds/ aids
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: INTER – MARRIAGE