TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: NATIONAL ECONOMY
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of telecommunication
- Means of telecommunication in Nigeria and their uses
- Uses of telecommunication
- When and how to use telecommunication
- Why telecommunication do not work
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with water and air transport.
WORD FILE: Telecommunications, signals, electronically.
Telecommunications is an act of sending messages, image and signals over a long distance electronically.
MEANS OF TELECOMMUNICATION IN NIGERIA
- Fax machine
- Internet facilities
- Video player
USES OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES
Television and radio uses
- Television is used for enlightenment and entertainment
- to listen to news
- Teach people different things about life.
Telephone, fax, telex uses
- Used to send personal messages to individuals
PLACES WHERE TELECOMMUNICATION DEVICES ARE USED
- Cyber cafes
- Post office
HOW TO USE TELECOMMUNICATION
- Handle with care
- Go through the user manual before use
- Follow the instructions step by step
- Install telecommunication devices properly
- Call for an expert when there is need
USES OF TELECOMMUNICATION
- For communication
- For business
- For emergency
- For finding information
WHY TELECOMMUNICATION DO NOT WORK
- Vandalization of telephone equipment’s.
- Non payments of telephone bills by owners of the device.
- Power holding failure
- Faulty in the system.
- Lack of maintenance.
- Not following device instruction manual
- Low electricity supply
- Too old for use (outdated)
- Climate changes
- Electrical faults
SOLUTIONS TO TELECOMMUNICATION PROBLEM
- Proper maintenance should be carried out on
- Bills should be paid on time.
- Any vandalization action should be reported on time
- Qualified technicians should
be employedto fix devicesissues.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (WATER AND AIR TRANSPORT).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is telecommunication?
- Mention the Means of telecommunication in Nigeria and their uses
- What ae the Uses of telecommunication
- Mention how to use telecommunication
- List three reasons Why telecommunication do not work
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: WATER AND AIR TRANSPORT
NEXT LESSON: GENDER DISCRIMINATION