Secondary School Scheme of work Physics – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Physics SS3
SS3 First Term Physics Scheme of work Lagos State
1. The electromagnetic spectrum and dispersion of light
2. Gravitational fields
3. Electrostatic fields; capacitors
4. Direct current circuits, resistance and resistivity
5. Electrochemical cells, E.M.F, internal resistance and
6. Principles of electrical measurations (shunts,
multipliers, bridge circuits)
7. Electrical work, energy and power; cost.
8. Conduction of electricity through liquids (electrolysis)
9. Magnetism and magnetic fields
10. Electromagnetic induction
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS 3 – MODIFIED I
- Electromagnetic Spectrum: Propagation, Detection and Uses
- Gravitational Field: Law, Gravitational Potential, Escape Velocity, Potential Energy in Gravitational Field.
- Electric Field: Coulombs Law, Electric Field Intensity, Electric Potential, Capacitor and Capacitance.
- Electric Cells: Primary and Secondary Defects of Simple Cells. Cells in Series and Parallel.Electrolysis: Electrolytes, Electrodes, Ions, Faraday’s laws.
- Electrical Measurement of Resistance: Resistivity, Conductivity, Conversion of galvanometer to ammeter and Voltmeter, Methods of Measuring Resistance.
- Magnetism: Magnets and Magnetic Materials, Magnetization, Demagnetization, Magnetic Flux, Earth Magnetic Field.
- Electromagnetic Field: Magnetic Field around Current Carrying Conductors- Straight Conductor, Circular Conductor, Solenoid, Applications of Electromagnets-Electric Bell, Telephone Ear Piece.
- Electromagnetic Field: Force on Current Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule, Application– DC. Motor, Moving Coil Galvanometers.
- Electromagnetic Induction(i):Induced Current, Laws of Electromagnetic Induction, Flemings Right Hand Rule,Induction Coil.
- Electromagnetic Induction(ii):Application in A.C and D.C. Generator, Transformer, and Power Transmission.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS 3 – MODIFIED II
- Electromagnetic waves
- Gravitational Field, Law, Gravitational Potential, Escape Velocity, Potential Energy in Gravitational Field.
- Electric Field, Coulombs law, electric field intensity, electric potential, Capacitor and Capacitance.
- Electric Cells – Primary and Secondary, Defects of Simple Cells. Cells in series and Parallel.
- Electrolysis – Electrolytes, Electrodes, Ions, Faraday’s law, electro-chemical equivalent.
- Electric Measurement Resistivity, Conductivity, Conversion of galvanometer to ammeter and Voltmeter, Measuring resistance ammeter – voltmeter methods.
7. Magnetic field around current carrying conductor – Straight conductor, circular conductor, solenoid, applications- electromagnets, uses, electromagnet-electric bell, telephone ear piece.
8. Electromagnetic field – Flemings left hand rule. Application – DC. Motor, moving coil. Galvanometers
9. Electromagnetic induction – induced current, laws of electromagnetic induction, induction coil, A. c and D.C. Generator transformer and power transmission