TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: METHODS OF MODELLING
- modelling methods with clay
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the modelling methods with clay
- use methods of their choice to mould a cup, a flower vase and a pot
- Wooden board
- Blunt knife
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- Lagos State Cultural and Creative Art Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Art Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Modelling.
WORD FILE: cement, pinching, flower vase.
CONTENT OF THE TOPIC
MEANING OF MODELLING
Modellings are object that are shaped or formed from clay or cement e.g. pot, local lamp, plate, flower vase, cup.
Clay is the heavy or thick soil, which becomes harder when it is dried or baked.
- local lamp
- cup and
- Flower vase.
METHODS OF CLAY PREPARATION
- wet method
- dry method
TYPES OF MODELLING METHODS WITH CLAY
PINCHING: this is done by putting the right thumb into the centre of the clay that has been kneaded to create thin walls by pushing and pinching between thumb and fingers e.g. paperweight, pen holder.
COILING: this is done by cutting out a tiny slab of clay and rolling it out into coils.
The coils can be joined up both inside and outside to model an object e.g. pot, flower vase, jug.
SLABBING: is done by joining slabs of clay in modelling objects e.g. Tray, jewelry box.
- The Teacher revises the previous lessons (MODELLING).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (METHODS OF MODELLING).
- Teacher writes modelling methods with clay for pupils
- Teacher explains each method with examples.
- Teacher demonstrates the method of modeling
- Teacher ask pupils to use methods of their choice to mould a cup, a flower vase and a pot.
- Mention the modelling methods with clay
- Use any two modelling methods of your choice to mould a cup, a flower vase and a pot
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: MODELLING.
NEXT LESSON: DRAMA SKETCH FROM STORY