TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GOD WANTS US TO WORK
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the meaning of work
- Know why God wants us to work
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with things God provides.
WORD FILE: society.
Bible references: Mathew 4: 18 – 22, proverbs 31: 13 – 19; Genesis 1: 28 – 30; 3: 17; 2 Thessalonians 3: 6 -13.
Definition of Work
Work is the Activity directed toward making or doing something. Also The occupation for which you are paid. It is when someone is employed.
People work for several reasons like
- To earn a living
- To take care of our need
- It make us not to steal or beg for arms
TYPES OF WORK
The following are different type of work people do in our society
- Book publishing
Prayers: O Lord, supply us with our daily needs. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (THINGS GOD PROVIDES)
- The teacher leads the pupils to understand GOD WANTS US TO WORK
- The teacher leads the pupils to mention why God Wants
- Define work.
- State three reasons why God wants us to work
- Mention three types of work people do.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: THINGS GOD PROVIDES
NEXT LESSON: TYPES OF WORK