TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 6/ BASIC 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Meaning of cooperation
- Attributes of cooperation
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with value that promote peace.
WORD FILE: cooperation,communal,encourages.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
COOPERATION is the agreement or understanding among a group or groups of people. When people work together to achieve a particular goal it is cooperation.
It is working together towards a shared aim
ATTRIBUTE OF COOPERATION
- communal effort
- shared responsibilities
- helping one another in times of needs
- Willingness to assist.
IMPORTANCE OF COOPERATION:
- It unite people
- It encourages peace
- It Promote love and progress
- It promote business
- It promote culture
- Promote understanding,
- It keeps people informed, etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (VALUES THAT PROMOTE PEACE).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the topic: COOPERATION.
- She/he explain the attributes of cooperation.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the attributes of cooperation.
- What is the Meaning of cooperation?
- Mention three Attributes of cooperation
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: VALUES THAT PROMOTE PEACE
NEXT LESSON: NATIONAL UNITY