TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 6/ BASIC 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: NATIONAL UNITY
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Meaning of National Unity
- Values that promote peace
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Cooperation.
WORD FILE: objectives, Strengthen, patriotic.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
NATIONAL UNITY is when people in a country are in agreement and work together.
Things that promotes national unity
- Respecting the national objectives
- National anthem
- National flag and coat of arms
- Strengthen national bonds.
VALUES THAT PROMOTES PEACE
IMPORTANCE OF NATIONAL UNITY
- It brings progress in a country
- It makes other countries to respect one’s country
- It makes citizen to leave in peace with one another.
It makes people to be patriotic and loyal to their country
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (COOPERATION).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the topic: NATIONNAL UNITY.
- She/he explain the values that promote peace.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the importance of unity.
- What is the Meaning of National Unity?
- Mention the Values that promote peace
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: COOPERATION
NEXT LESSON: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND IDENTITY