TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 6/ BASIC 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES TO NIGERIANS
At the end of this discussion in this unit, pupils should be able to know:
- Importance of Universal Basic Education Programmes (UBE)
- Importance of National Economic Empowerment and Development and Strategy (NEEDS)
- Importance of due process (DP)
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: academic,roaming, Alleviation, orientation.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Importance of Universal Basic Education Programmes (UBE)
- It gives room for free basic education for all Nigerians.
- It equips Nigerian with the basic knowledge and skills.
- It gives equal opportunities to all children within the basic academic age.
- It reduces roaming about the streets due to poverty
- It reduces children begging for arms.
- It reduce illiteracy to a very significant level
IMPORTANCE OF NATIONAL ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGY (NEEDS)
- Promote value orientation
- Wealth generation
- Alleviation of poverty
- Creation of Job
- Empowerment of the people
IMPORTANCE OF DUE PROCESS (DP)
- It forbid favoritism in award of contracts and projects.
- It forbid the abuse of office by government officials.
- It promote efficiency in execution.
- It allow promote honesty, transparency and accountability.
- It subdue corruption.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the IMPORTANCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES TO NIGERIANS.
- She/he explains the importance of UBE NEEEDS, Due process.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the importance of UBE NEEEDS, Due process
- What three importance of the following Government policies and programmes:
- DUE process.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMED
NEXT LESSON: GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA