TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: COMPUTER APPRECIATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: MICRO COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Identify micro – computer
- Give examples of micro computers
- Mention the uses of microcomputer.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with mini computer.
WORD FILE: personal, Microcomputer.
CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BY SIZE
Computer are classified based on their sizes. These are:
- super computer
- mainframe computer
- minicomputer and
SIZE: they are the smallest and least expensive of all computers.
SPEED: They possess the smallest memory and less power. These computer permit only fewer peripherals to be attached as they are relatively smaller in size.
USAGE: They are known and used as personal computer or pc. Examples are the desktop computer, laptop computer, palmtop, tablets, etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MINI COMPUTERS).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: MICRO COMPUTERS
- She/he explains microcomputer based on its size, speed, and usage.
- The teacher leads pupils to explain microcomputer based on its size, speed, and usage
- . STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Students will be asked to explain microcomputer based on
itssize, speed, and usage.
- Explain microcomputer based on its size, speed and usage.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SUPER COMPUTERS
NEXT LESSON: MINI – COMPUTER