TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- State the meaning of acting;
- Explain who an actor is;
- Mention some popular actors.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour: the students have been taught about Introduction to theatre and drama.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: communicate, physique
Meaning of Acting
Acting is the way actor/actress performs a part or role in a drama. The actors/ actresses play the roles of person as in real life situations. They behave like the person or character in the story by using his voice, physique and personality. Acting tries to communicate a message to the audience.
DEFINITION OF AN ACTOR
An actor is the person that plays the role of a character on a stage or film for the audience. The male is called an actor while the female is called an actress. He/she is the real person who performs on behalf of the character in the script.
Names of popular Actor/ actress
The following sre some Nigerian movie industries actors/actress
- Joke sylva
- Genevieve Nnaji
- Nuhu Ali
- Ini Edo
- Olu Jacob
- Jide Kosoko
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Dances of the locality).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Acting.
- He/she explains the meaning of Acting.
- He/she State the meaning of actor/actress.
- The teacher leads pupils to mention names of popular Actors and Actress.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Act a play on “its pays to study on time.”
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is acting?
- Who is an actor?
- List three names of Nigeria actors/actresses you know.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Basic Body Movements in Dance.
NEXT LESSON: Components of Dance.