TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION AND CONCEPT
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: COMPUTER SYSTEM
- Meaning of computer systems.
- Component of computer system.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain the term computer system.
- Mention components of computer system.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- System unit
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON:
WORD FILE: instructions, presentation.
Meaning of computer
A computer system is a machine that always reply to instructions and perform a list of instructions. It can store data, retrieve and process data. A computer can be used in the following ways:
- For creating presentation.
- For playing Games
- For handling spreadsheets.
- To type document.
- To send email
- To access the internet
- To type document
Component of computer system
A computer consist of four main components:
- Hard ware
- Data and
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (COMPUTER AS AN IPO SYSTEM).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: COMPUTER SYSTEM
- She/he explains the meaning of
- She/he mention the components of
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the components of computer system.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the components of computer system.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define computer system.
- Mention the components of computer system.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: COMPUTER AS AN IPO SYSTEM
NEXT LESSON: Components of Computer System