CHANGES IN ANIMALS
TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CHANGES IN ANIMALS
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to:
- Mention the changes in animals.
- Names of some animals and their young ones
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Fish and fry
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Basic Science and Technology.
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students have been taught changes in plant.
WORD FILE: metamorphosis, chameleon, temperature.
CHANGES IN ANIMALS
Animal are living things, they experience changes too as they grow. Changes in animal begins after birth. Most changes in plants are permanent changes. The changes that take place in animals are called METAMORPHOSIS.
Examples of changes in Animals
- Change in body temperature like Lizard.
- Changes in size.
- Increase in height.
- Changes in skin colour like chameleon.
- Changes from child to adult.
- Some gives birth to young one.
Names of some Animals and their young ones.
|Kitten||Tabby cat (Queen)||Tomcat|
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CHANGES IN PLANT).
Teacherintroduces the lesson through question and answer(CHANGES IN ANIMALS).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Mention three changes they observe in animals.
- List three names of young ones, mothers and fathers animals.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CHANGES IN PLANTS
NEXT LESSON: CHANGES IN NON – LIVING THINGS
I need lesson plans for basic 4 pupils