TOPIC: EXPRESSING HABITUAL ACTIONS
Habitual actions are things we always do. They express things we do regularly or daily.
Examples of habitual actions
- Every evening Samuel plays football.
- My dad wakes up by 6: am daily.
- Emmanuel washes his father’s car each Saturday.
- She goes to church every Sunday.
- Monkeys eat bananas all the time.
- I take my bath twice every day.
Using “shall” and “Will” in expressing Habitual action
“I “and “we” are used often with “shall” while ‘’you”, “he” and they are used often with “will”.
The following are ways we can use “will” and “shall” in expressing Habitual actions in a sentence.
- We shall go to work at the school farm next Friday.
- I shall come to see you tomorrow.
- Yoruba and Hausa shall not fight.
- Kunle will visit us soon.
- I will be in year two next year
- Mercy will drive her bicycle to school tomorrow.
Instruction: complete the sentences using “shall” or “Will”
- Bright __________ return next week. A. will B. shall
- She ____________ come to see you next week. A. will B. shall
- We ____________ be starting our examination next week. A. will B. shall
- He ____________ not ride the bicycle to school next week. A. will B. shall
- What are habitual actions?
- Make three sentences of habitual actions using “shall” or “Will”.
TOPIC: ASKING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF AN OBJECT
What is a noun?
A noun is the name of a person, place, things or animal.
Singular and plural nouns
A singular noun has to do with one person, place, things or animal; while a plural noun has to do with more than one person, place, things or animal.
That is when something is one it is singular but when something is more than one, it is Plural.
Some noun form plural from singular by adding “s” while Some noun form plural from singular by adding “es”
Examples of singular noun that form plural noun by adding “s”
Examples of singular noun that form plural noun by adding “es”
Making sentences using plural
- I know two big Markets for shopping.
- There are three schools on my street.
- I love babies.
Complete the following space with the singular or plural noun
- Mention three examples of singular noun.
- Mention three examples of plural noun.