USES OF SEAM
SUBJECT: HOME ECONOMIC
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9 and week 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: USES OF SEAM
- Uses of plain seam
- Uses of run and fell seam
- Uses of French seam
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know the:
- Meaning of run and fell seam
- Method of making run and fell seam
- French seam
- Method of making French seam
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
- High quality Needle
- Straight pin
- Tailors chalk
- Marking pencil
- Brown paper
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- students will be taking the school Home Economic Laboratory for practical
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Home Economic Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Home Economics for Primary Schools.
USES OF PLAIN SEAM
- It is used for joining materials which are meant to show as little as possible like joining underarm, sleeve, and seam on clothing of all kinds.
Uses of Run and fell seam
- It is good for clothing needing hand wear and frequent washing e.g. Shirt, jeans, underwear night wear, overall, short.
Uses of French seam
- The seam is good for under cloth, also used on fine blouses, children wear.
- The seam can be made on dresses, blouses and overalls requiring frequent washing.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three uses of seam
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.