TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Difference between traditional and constitutional form of government.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Traditional materials
- Royalty Crown
- Royalty staff
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with types of Government.
WORD FILE: inherited, constitution,customs.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT
|TRADITIONAL GOVERNMENT||CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT|
|There is no fix tenure for the ruler||There is a fixed tenure for government|
|There is misuse of power||Cases are settled in court to guarantee citizens’ rights|
|leadership is inherited||Leadership is through election|
|They rules according to the customs and culture of the land||They rules according to the constitution the state|
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (TYPES OF GOVERNMENT).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT.
- She/he explains the forms of government.
- .Teacher leads pupils to mention the differences between traditional and constitutional government
- Mention three Difference between traditional and constitutional form of government.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: TYPES OF GOVERNMENT
NEXT LESSON: DEMOCRACY