TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: STORAGE DEVICES
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- List hardware storage devices.
- Mention uses of storage devices.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Hard disk
- Compact disk (CD)
- Flash drive
- Memory card
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with system unit.
WORD FILE: components, classified , processed.
Meaning of Storage Device
Storage devices are computer hardware components that are used for storing data in electronic form. It is used to keep processed data. It can store text, images, video, audio, symbol, etc.
Storage devices are classified into two groups, these are:
- Internal storage devices.
- External storage devices.
Internal storage devices.
Internal storage devices are seen inside the computer. It is also called the primary storage device. Example of internal storage device is hard – disk.
External storage devices
External Storage Devices are seen outside the computer. They are connected with usb cable through the system unit.
Examples of external storage devices are flash drive, memory card, compact disk, external hard disk.
USES OF STORAGE DEVICES
- Storage devices are used to keep data for temporarily or permanently.
- Used in sharing file.
- Storage devices are used to back up saved files.
- They are used in transporting file from one storage device to another.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SYSTEM UNIT (INTERNAL FEATURES)).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: STORAGE DEVICES
- She/he explains storage devices.
- She/he explains list
the examplesof storage devices.
- She/he explains the uses
of storagedevices. pupils to mention the Teacherleads uses ofstorage devices.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the student identifies two storage devices on the table.
- Define storage devices.
- List three examples of storage devices.
Mention threeuses of storage devices.
- Another name for internal storage devices is —————-.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SYSTEM UNIT (INTERNAL FEATURES)
NEXT LESSON: COMPUTER MEMORY