TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: SYSTEM UNIT (INTERNAL FEATURES)
- internal features of system unit
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Identify motherboard.
- Identify Hard disk
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- System unit
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with system unit.
WORD FILE: internal, components, Mainboard.
SYSTEM UNIT INTERNAL UNIT
The internal system unit can be seen when opened. The following makes up the internal unit of system unit. These are:
- Disk Drives
- Power supply unit
It connects all other components on computer to the CPU. It is the heart of the computer. The motherboard is the main printed circuit board (PCB) inside a computer that connect different vital components of a computer together.
The motherboard can also be called System board, Mobo, Mainboard.
A hard disk is a hardware device that stores data or information on a magnetic or optical disk. It stores data permanently that is the data is still intact even when the computer is off.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SYSTEM UNIT).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: SYSTEM UNIT (INTERNAL FEATURES)
- She/he explains and list the internal parts of system units.
- She/he explains and lists the internal features of system units.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the external features of system unit.
- Another name for motherboard is —————-.
- The device that stores data permanently is called ________________.
- List three internal features of a system unit
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SYSTEM UNIT
NEXT LESSON: STORAGE DEVICES