TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 4/ BASIC 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF COMPUTER
- Definition of Computer
- Uses of computer
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Definition of Computer
- List the Uses of computer
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON:
WORD FILE: electronic, machine.
Meaning of Computer
Computer is an electronic machine or device that takes raw data as an input from the user and processes it, based on the instructions provided by a software or hardware program.
Examples of Computer
- Personal computer
- Smart phone
- Fuel pump
Importance of computer
Computer are used in the following places such as:
- To keep customer account information.
- To transfer money from one point to another
- To keep records.
- Write letters and keep accounts.
- To advertise our Goods and services.
- To keep records of all items and sales.
- To keep patients records and drugs.
- Too diagnose patients
- To treat patients.
- To book reservation of tickets in airplanes, buses railways.
- To design weapons and other defense equipment.
- To keep record of all defense equipment such as guns, rockets, bullets. etc.
- To keep student’s records
- To assist in the teaching and learning process.
- To display scores and results of matches.
- To create newspaper, magazine, books etc.
- To keep records of staff, process salaries of staffs.
- Prepare established plans and budgets.
- Manage records of census data.
- Taxes and notes
- Handles various types of registration like national identity card, voter’s registration. Etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic:
- She/he explains the
mentionthe Uses of the computer.
- Define Computer
- Mention three Uses of computer
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Computer
NEXT LESSON: Advantages of Computer