TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: SYSTEM UNIT
- External features of system unit
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Identify system unit.
- List external features of a system unit.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- System unit
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: processes, component,processing.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with printer.
System unit is the hardware component of a computer which processes all the information entered into the computer. It can be called computer chassis, computer tower, and computer case.
The interior parts of the system units are motherboard, central processing unit (cpu), power supply, disk drive(hard disk, cd drive), Memory (RAM and ROM).
The Cpu is the brain of the system.
EXTERNAL FEATURES OF A SYSTEM UNIT
The external features of a system unit include:
- Reset button: it is used to clear the computer memory. It reset the computer.
- Power button: it is used to power on and off the computer.
- Cd drive: it is used to read data encoded on a compact disc or DVD.
- Universal Serial Bus (Usb) port: it is used to connect different external devices like keyboard, flash drive, mouse, etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (PRINTERS).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: SYSTEM UNIT (EXTERNAL FEATURES)
- She/he explains and list the interior parts of system units.
- She/he explains and list the External features of system units.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the external features of system unit.
- Another name for system unit is —————-.
- .The hard ware component of a computer which processes all the information entered into the computer is ______________________.
- USB stands for _______________________.
- List three external features of a system unit
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: PRINTERS
NEXT LESSON: SYSTEM UNIT INTERNAL FEATURES