TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: COMPUTER APPRECIATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: REASONS FOR TAKING CARE OF COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Demonstrate ways of taking good care of computers.
- Mention ways of taking care of computer.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students have been taught care of computer hardware.
WORD FILE: effectively, electrical, outbreak.
The following are some of the reasons for taking care of Computer:
- To prevent damage.
- To make the system work effectively.
- to avoid costly repairs
- to avoid over heating
- to avoid electrical sparks
- To be comfortable when using the computer.
- To save time
- To avoid fire outbreak.
- to avoid physical damage
- The Teacher revises
the previouslesson (CARE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic:REASONS FOR TAKING CARE OF COMPUTER.
- She/he mention, explains the reasons for taking care of the computer.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the reasons for taking care of computer ways of taking care of computer hardware’s
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: student were ask to mention the reasons for taking care of computer
- Mention three reasons for taking care of computer.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CARE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
NEXT LESSON: THE COMPUTER KEYBOARD SECTION