SECOND TERM AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY FIVE (5)/ BASIC FIVE (5)
WEEK 1: REVISION OF FIRST TERM’S WORK
WEEK 2: HOW TO RAISE CROPS
- What are Farm Crops?
- Examples of Farm crops.
WEEK 3: PROCEDURE FOR RAISING FARM CROPS
WEEK 4: RAISE SCHOOL FARM (PRACTICAL)
- Prepare Materials For Planting.
- Prepare The Land For Planting Using Farm Tools.
- Participate In The Planting Of The Crops.
- Care for the Farm.
- What are livestock?
- Examples of Livestock
- Housing – construct house for animal
- Care etc.
WEEK 7: COMPONENT OF ANIMALS FEED
WEEK 8: SPECIFIC NEEDS OF YOUNG ANIMALS FOR HEALTHY GROWTH
UNITS: Needs of growing farm animals
- Needs of growing farm animals
WEEK 9: Effects of lack of care on the growing animals
UNITS: Effects of lack of care on the growing animals’
- care for young animals in the school
WEEK 10: EFFECTS OF DIRTY ENVIRONMENT AND STARVATION ON THE POOR GROWTHS OF YOUNG ANIMALS
- Effect of dirty environment on young animals
- Effect of starvation on young animals
WEEK 11: How to raise livestock (farm Animals)
UNITS: Procedures for rearing any named animals
WEEK 12: Rear any livestock and apply necessary skin and procedures.
- Nurture the young animals to maturity
WEEK 13: Revision and Examination.