SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES IN PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- MEANING OF DRUG USE
- CONSEQUENCES OF USING DRUGS
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know:
- The meaning of drug.
- The consequences of using drug.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
MEANING OF DRUG USE
DRUGS are chemical or substances that changes the way our bodies work. Drug is used for medical purposes. When drug is swallowed, drugs are transported by blood to all part of the body.
DRUG USE is obtaining appropriate drug in suitable duration and dosage as prescribed by a doctor.it is also the use of drug to enhance recreational experience.
Example of drug that can be prescribed by a doctor are:
CONSEQUENCES OF USING DRUGS
Drug are used for the following reasons:
- Treatment of injuries
- Curing sicknesses and diseases
- Control weight
- For birth control
- For relaxation
- Revive our energy
- Aid digestion
- Treatment for the shortage of blood.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What are communicable diseases?
- List three examples of communicable diseases.
- What is non communicable disease?
- List three examples of non-communicable diseases.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.