TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3 – 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Creating Music/ Sol-fa Notation Value
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain Music values;
- Write values of sol – fa names;
- Clap the rhythm of the phrase set to music.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour/ Previous Knowledge: the students have been taught the definition of drama and theatre.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: specific, arrangement, sol –fa notation
Music Values shows the duration of notes, using specific shapes and colours of the note head.
What is Rhythm?
Rhythm is the pattern in which sound flows.it shows the movement and arrangement of sounds. Rhythm can also be called beats.
Production of sounds
Sounds are produce from the following source
- Clapping of hands.
- Stamping of feet
- Tapping of desks
- by hitting an object
- shaking an object
- beating an object
- blowing air into it object
- Plucking or by rubbing the instruments.
When sound is regular and well-arranged people start moving their body like nodding of head, stamping of feet.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Art).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Creating Music/ Sol-fa Notation Value.
- He/she explains Music values.
- He/she mention different types of sol –fa notations.
- Teacher explains rhythm.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention different sources of Art.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
Clap your hands to form a regular rhythm.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is Music values?
- Mention three types of sol –fa notations.
- What is rhythm?
- Mention three different sources of Art.
Conclusion: Teacher summarizes the lesson, gives pupils note to copy, marks and makes corrections where necessary.
PREVIOUS LESSON: ART
NEXT LESSON: DRAWING – Meaning, types, uses