TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 13
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of a given value;
- State the uses of drama in teaching values.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour/ Previous Knowledge: the students are familiar with Creating Music Sol-fa Notation Value.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: desirable, attribute, attitude.
Meaning of Values
Values are the quality (positive or negative) that gives something desirable.
The following are the attribute of values and the right attitude to work
Honesty shows truthfulness. It is a part of moral character.
- Honesty helps in gaining the trust of others in every area of life.
- Honesty makes an individual to be considered as being reliable.
- Honesty increases the value of someone character and morals.
Integrity is standing on and doing what is right without compromise.
- Integrity makes people trust you.
- integrity boost honesty and truthfulness
- Integrity improves one’s personal development
- Integrity boost teamwork at work place.
- The right attitude to work
- Have passion and be proud of his/her work.
- Think positively and have compassion for one another.
- Be calm and focus.
Uses of Drama in Teaching Values
- It nurture teamwork.
- It challenge the way we look at things
- It helps to develop a sense of being responsible and tolerant.
- It teaches ways of solving problem
- It involves the use of Imagination which will leads to creativity.
- It brings out our emotion, thinking process and dreams.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (WEAVING).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art
- He/she explains the meaning of Values.
- He/she mention the attribute of values.
- The teacher explains the right attitude to work.
- The teacher leads pupils to know the importance of drama in teaching values.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Create and present a play showing the importance of value.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is
- Mention two attribute of values.
Mention threeright attitude to work. State threeimportance of drama in teaching values.
Conclusion: Teacher summarizes the lesson, gives pupils note to copy, marks and makes corrections where necessary.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Weaving.
NEXT LESSON: Modeling