WEEK 1 TOPIC: MEANING AND DEFINITION OF ARTS
- Uses and original art.
- Branches of art.
- Importance of art
WEEK 2 TOPIC: ELEMENT AND PRINCIPLES OF ARTS AND DESIGN
- List elements of design
- List all the principles of design
- Importance of element and principles of art to the artists
WEEK 3: LINES
- Definition or meaning of lines.
- Types of lines.
- Uses of lines
- Objects with lines.
- Drawing of different lines.
- Importance of lines.
WEEK 4: SHAPES
- Meaning of Shapes
- Types of shape
- Making pattern using shapes
- Drawing of different shapes
WEEK 5: Drawing
- Definition of Drawing
- Types of Drawing
- Materials used in drawing
- State drawing showing the effect of light and shape drawing
WEEK 6 TOPIC: COLOURS
- Definition or meaning of colours.
- Types of colours.
- Sources of colours.
- State the uses of colours in our community.
WEEK 7: PRINT MAKING
- Meaning of printing.
- Types of printing.
- Suitable leaves used in printing.
- Making prints with thumbs.
- Landscape environment
- Imaginative composition drawing
- Drawing and shading showing the effects of light and shade
- Setting still life and natural object for drawing.
WEEK 9 TOPIC: MODELING I (paper Mache or papier-mâché).
- Meaning of paper Mache.
- Mashed or pounded paper mixed with starch.
- Materials for making paper mache.
- Paper matche.
- Perfect morter.
- Object produce from paper Mache.
WEEK 11 and 12 TOPIC: INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC
- Definition of music.
- Sources of music sounds.
- Highlight difference between Noise and Music.
WEEK 13 TOPIC: MUSICAL INSTRUMENT AND SOUNDS – local musical instruments
- Definition of music instrument.
- Musical instrument in our locality.
- Methods of sounds production.
WEEK 14: REVISION AND EXAMINATION