TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11 -12
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Introduction to music
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define music.
- Define noise.
- State the sources of music
- Differentiate between noise and music.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Drawing book
- Different colours
- Art works
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour: the students have been taught still life drawing.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: combination, rhythmic, musical, instruments.
Meaning of Music
Music is the combination of rhythmic sounds in a way that is pleasing to the ears.it is the arrangement of sound in a regular pattern. Style that is consistent in its movement or flow.
Sources of Movement
- Through human voice.
- Stamping of the feet.
- Striking objects that are not musical instruments.
What is noise?
It is the disorganized sounds and it unpleasant to the ears. Sounds can turn to noise when they are louder than the ear would accept.
Differences between music and noise
- Music is pleasant to the ear while noise is not.
- Music has rhythm but noise may not have rhythm.
- Music is arranged while noise is not arrange.
- Music is acceptable to the ears but noise is not suitable.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Modeling ii – Object produce from paper Mache).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Introduction to music
- He/she define music deeply to the pupils.
- He/she differentiate between music and noise.
- The teacher leads
pupilsto mention the difference between music and noise.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Produce music beats with the use of hand and table.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is noise?
- What is music?
- Mention three differences between music and noise.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lessons and marks the pupils note.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Object produce from paper Mache