TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Musical Instrument and sounds – local musical instrument
- Definition of music instrument.
- Musical instrument in our locality.
- Methods of sounds production.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define music instrument.
- Identify and name some musical instruments.
- Explain the production of sounds.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Drawing book
- Different colours
- Art works
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour: the students have been taught still life drawing.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: Percussion, Instruments, announcement.
Meaning of Musical instrument
Musicals instrument are what is used to produce good musical sounds.
In Nigeria we have locally made musical instruments. These local instrument are made from materials found around us. Local instrument can also be called Percussion Instruments.
They are played during occasions like festivals, ceremonies. Some are used for public announcement while some are played on a special ceremonies.
Some local musical instrument
Production of sounds
Local instruments produces sound by hitting, shaking, beating, blowing air into it, plucking or by rubbing the instruments.
The following musical instrument according to their sound production
- Hitting: Agogo.
- Beating: Drum, talking drum, xylophone, udu (musical pot), gangan.
- Blowing air: algaita, kakaki, Ogene.
- Shaking: maracas, rattle, shekere.
- Plucking: goje, thumb piano.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Introduction to music).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: musical instrument and sounds.
- He/she defines music instrument deeply to the pupils.
- He/she mention different local musical instrument according to their sounds.
- He/she guide the student on how to make a local flute using pawpaw stalk.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention different musical instrument.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Make a local flute using pawpaw stalk And Produce music sound using it.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is a musical instrument?
- Mention three names of Nigeria local instrument.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Introduction to music
NEXT LESSON: musical instrument and sounds – foreign