TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: THE FAMILY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1 and 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- influence of working parents on the Nigerian life
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with external influence on Nigerian.
WORD FILE: opportunity, adequate, motherly.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
- Use of baby sitters.
- Depriving the children the opportunity of receiving adequate motherly care.
- Not giving the child moral upbringing.
- Improper feeding habit
- Inadequate attention to children’s health.
- Provision of shelter
- Putting children in day-care institutions,
- More income is generated for the family,
- lack of parental care and moral upbringing,
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (FAMILY LIFE INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three influence of working parents on the Nigerian life
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN