TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 12
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: ROLES OF RELIGIOUS BODIES IN DEVELOPMENT
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to know:
- roles of religious bodies in development
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social Studies.
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Basic Social Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with controlling religious intolerance development.
WORD FILE: equipment, Encouragement, electricity.
ROLES OF RELIGIOUS BODIES IN DEVELOPMENT
- Teaching of moral values.
- Provision of education
- Provision of health facilities and equipment.
- Encouragement of peaceful co –existence
- Provision of roads
- Provision of water.
- Provision of electricity
- Provision of market.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CONTROLLING RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE DEVELOPMENT).
- The teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer (ROLES OF RELIGIOUS BODIES IN DEVELOPMENT).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher
writethe note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- list three roles of religious bodies in development
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS BELIEFS
NEXT LESSON: ROLES OF RELIGIOUS BODIES IN DEVELOPMENT