SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: HOW TO RAISE LIVESTOCK (FARM ANIMALS)
UNITS: Procedures for rearing any named animals
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Procedures for rearing Chicken
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The teacher will take the students to the school farm
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
PROCEDURES FOR REARING ANY ANIMALS: CHICKEN
- Construct a house
- Provide shelter
- Prepare or buy
- Buy the young animal to rear
- Provision of food
- Provision of water daily
- Provide medication when necessary
- Clean the house regularly
- Routine check by veterinary personnel
- Removal of sick or dead animals
- Sell or slaughter when mature
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Explain the Procedures for rearing chicken
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.