TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Attitude of God’s revelation.
- The story of Samuel’s call. 1 Samuel 3: 1 -6
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- The story of Samuel’s call.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with God reveals himself to us
Memory verse: 1 Samuel 3: 10
Bible references: 1 Samuel 3: 1 – 6
Right Attitudes to God’s Revelation
The following are the right attitude to God’s Revelation
- Be attentive to his words.
- Always be in his presence.
- Be patient.
- Be humble.
- Be available to do his work.
The story of Samuel’s Call
Samuel was leaving with priest Eli. One day, while he was sleeping before the ark of God. God call him three times by his name, he woke up and ran to Eli and answered here am I but Eli told him he didn’t not call him. He then told Samuel that if he heard the voice again, he should say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant Heareth’ and when God called for the fourth time he answer and the lord told him he was not happy with Eli and his sons because they sinned against the lord. The lord appeared again in Shiloh and revealed himself to Samuel.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (God reveals himself to us.)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the Attitude of God’s revelation.
- . Teacher leads pupils to explain the story of Samuels’s calls
- Mention three Attitude of God’s revelation
- Narrate the story of Samuels calls
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: God reveals himself to us.
NEXT LESSON: Jesus the son of God.