TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and high learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: HARDWARE COMPONENTS (INPUT DEVICES)
- Meaning of computer hardware
- Computer hard ware features
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- List hardware input devices.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Computer Hardware.
WORD FILE: equipment, Joystick, Webcam, stylus pen.
Input devices are computer parts or equipment through which data is sent into the computer.
Examples of input devices
- stylus pen/ light pen
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Computer Hardware).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: HARDWARE COMPONENTS (INPUT DEVICES).
- She/he explains the examples input devices.
- Teacher leads pupils to select each input devices and say it name.
- What is computer input devices?
- List three examples of computer devices.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Computer Hardware