TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: HARDWARE COMPONENTS (OUTPUT DEVICES)
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- List hardware output devices.
- Identify output devices.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Input Devices.
WORD FILE: equipment, printer.
Output device are hardware parts or equipment that display the result of process data to the user.
Examples of output devices
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (HARDWARE COMPONENTS (INPUT DEVICES)).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: HARDWARE COMPONENTS (OUTPUT DEVICES).
- She/he explains the examples output devices.
- Teacher leads pupils to select each output devices and say it name.
- What are computer output devices?
- List three examples of computer devices output devices.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: HARDWARE COMPONENTS (INPUT DEVICES)
NEXT LESSON: MONITOR.