TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
NAME OF TEACHER:
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Role -Play
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- State the meaning of role-play;
- Mention the functions of role-play;
- Identify occasions when role-play can be used;
- State the differences between role-play and acting.
- Explain the differences between impersonation and acting.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar with Impersonation.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: pretends, imagination.
MEANING OF ROLE-PLAY
Role play is the part of an activity that helps one to learn something as one pretends to be in that particular situation.
Role play enable one to learn very fast mostly among children.
BASIC TOOLS OF AN ACTOR
The following tools are useful and helpful to the actor when playing a role of a script.
- The actor body such as legs, hands, eyes, ears and head.
- The actor’s voice.
- The actor’s imagination.
- The actor’s intellect.
BODY AND VOICE EXERCISE
Just like a musician’s work on their voice. Actor also work on their voice and body to be fit and ready to act any role given to them.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Impersonatio).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Roleplay
- He/she explains the meaning of Roleplay.
- The teacher leads pupils to mention three basic tools of the actor.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Perform some body and voice exercise and preform
role playof different profession.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is role play?
- Mention three basic tools of the actor.
NEXT LESSON: Components of Dance