TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11 – 12
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
- Meaning of Mosaics.
- State materials for mosaic making.
- Production of mosaic to reflect the ill in our society.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- State the meaning of mosaic;
- List materials and tools for making mosaic;
- Make mosaic to reflect the ills of HIV/AIDS and cultism.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour/ Previous Knowledge: the students are familiar with Creating Music Sol-fa Notation Value.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: necessary, materials, jewelry.
Mosaic is an Art consisting of a design made of small pieces of tiles or coloured stone or glass or other materials.
Mosaic can be found in some tiles or glass, architecture.
Materials for Making Mosaic
A lot of materials can be used to make mosaic. But these few are necessary materials needed.
- A base: it is where the mosaic materials will be glued.it could be heavy materials like tiles, small piece of ceramic glass, beads, jewelry piece, fake gems, jellybeans or any other small coated candies.
- Mosaic materials: flat or lightweight mosaic materials are cardboard, paper, flat piece of wood, glass or metal. Mosaic can created on any three dimensional objects such as tin cans, vases, bottles. Etc.
- Glue or paste: make use of glue that can be cleaned or washed off easy. Thai is it should be non – toxic glue.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (forms of Music).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Mosaics.
- He/she explains the meaning of mosaics.
- He/she state the materials for making mosaic.
- Teacher leads pupils to make a lightweight mosaics.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Make lightweight mosaics with strips of paper, tissue paper squares, photos, seeds, ribbons or images cut from the pages of newspapers or magazines.
- Make a composition to reflect any ills of our society such as HIV/AIDS or Cultism.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is mosaic?
- List three materials for making mosaic.
Conclusion: Teacher summarizes the lesson, gives pupils note to copy, marks and makes corrections where necessary.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Forms of music.
NEXT LESSON: Values