TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SOME FOREIGN CULTURES THAT ARE AFFECTING OUR VALUES AND CULTURE
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- foreign cultures that are affecting our values and culture
- advantages and disadvantages of foreign culture
- How we can promote our culture
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with pre-marital sexual relationship.
WORD FILE: culture, Education, Immorality.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
SOME FOREIGN CULTURES THAT ARE AFFECTING OUR VALUES AND CULTURE
The following are some element of foreign culture that are affecting our values and culture.
- Clothes styles
- Dressing sense
- Greeting pattern
- Music pattern
ADVANTAGES OF FOREIGN CULTURE
The following are some ways foreign culture have affected our culture positively
- Good health systems
- doing things in an easy and better manner
- Use of English language
- Marriage culture
- Organized security and judicial systems
- Good health system
- It has reduce the level of illiteracy in our society
- Development of the nation
DISADVANTAGES OF FOREIGN CULTURE ON OUR CULTURE
- Destruction of custom, belief, and traditions
- It Increases the rate of Immorality
- It Increases the rate of Violence, etc.
HOW TO PROMOTE OUR CULTURE
- Cultural festivals
- Mass media promotion
- Preserving our artifacts
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (SOME FOREIGN CULTURES THAT ARE AFFECTING OUR VALUES AND CULTURE)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three foreign cultures that are affecting our values and culture
- List three advantages and disadvantages of foreign culture
- Mention three ways we can promote our culture
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: PRE – MARITIAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP