TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Meaning of communalism
- How to promote the spirit of communalism
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Traditional materials
- Royalty Crown
- Royalty staff
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with community leadership.
WORD FILE: communalism,
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Meaning of Communalism
Communalism is when the people of a community live and do things together to develop the community and help the people in the community.
How to promote the spirit of communalism
The following are some ways we can promote the spirit of communalism
- Togetherness: maintain
goodrelationship with each other.
- Love: we should show true love to one another.
- Cooperation: people in
the communitywill cooperate to defend the community.
- Justice: everybody should
- Sharing: people should
share whatthey have in excess to those in need of it.
- Dialogue: there should be room to
discuss issuesaffecting the people in the community and give solutionto such issues.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand COMMUNALISM.
- She/he explain how to promote the spirit of communalism.
- .Teacher leads pupils to mention way to promote communalism.
- Students mention way to promote communalism.
- What is communalism
- Mention ways we can promote the spirit of communalism
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP – CITIZENSHIP
NEXT LESSON: TYPES OF GOVERNMENT