TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
THEME: OUR VALUES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 5/ BASIC 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: OUR RIGHT (CHILD RIGHT)
- Our Right
- Child right laws.
- Our duties
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Our right
- Child right laws
- Our duties as citizens
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: student have been taught the meaning of Civic Education.
WORD FILE: association, constitution.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Since we are in democratic government, we have the following right as human
- Right to life
- Freedom of movement
- Freedom of association
- Freedom of speech
OUR DUTIES AS A CITIZEN
- Obedience to authorities
- Respect for the constitution
- Payment of taxes , fine and rates
- Respect for constitution
- Respect for national symbols
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (CIVIC EDUCATION).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the topic: Our Right
- She/he explain the right.
- He/she explains child right laws.
- .Teacher leads pupils to mention our duties as citizens.
- What are child right laws?
- Mention three duties as citizens.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CIVIC EDUCATION
NEXT LESSON: WHY WE STUDY CIVIC EDUCATION