TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RIGHT OF A CITIZEN
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Right of a citizen
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- National identity card
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with citizenship.
RIGHT OF A CITIZEN
The following are right as a citizen
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom of worship
- Freedom of movement
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CITIZENSHIP).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (RIGHT OF A CITIZEN).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three right of a citizen.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CITIZENSHIP
NEXT LESSON: THE CONCEPT OF GOVERNMENT