TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 13
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONSEVATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of conservation.
- Why natural resources should be conserved.
- How to ensure that natural resources are conserved.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Different Nigeria currency
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with employment.
WORD FILE: Conservation, resources, environment.
Conservation is the preservation and careful management of the environment and of natural resources. It is the keeping of our natural resources from being lost, wasted or damage.
WHY NATURAL RESOURCES SHOULD BE CONSERVED
- For our next generation to enjoy it benefits.
- To support other community with these resources.
- To prevent waste.
- To develop our economy.
- Some are in limited quantity.
- Some processing cost is high.
HOW TO CONSERVE OUR NATURAL RESOURCES
- Avoid bush burning.
- Manure and fertilizers should be added to the soil to make the soil fertile.
- Throwing of waste materials into the rivers should be avoided.
- Wastage in the use of natural resources should be avoided.
IMPORTANCE OF RAW MATERIAL
- They make products that are produced cheaper.
- They bring in foreign exchange when exported.
- They create jobs for people.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (NATURAL RESOURCES)
- The Teacher introduces the topic (CONSERVATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- What is conservation?
- List three reasons why natural resources should be conserved
- How cant natural resources are conserved.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: NATURAL RESOURCES
NEXT LESSON: CONSERVATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES