SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: REMEDY OF ROAD ACCIDENTS
UNIT: Remedy for road accidents.
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Remedy for road accidents
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative video
- Photograph of road accidents
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Road accident is when an unfortunate incident happens unexpectedly on the road that causes harm or injury.
REMEDY OF ROAD ACCIDENTS
The following are some of the remedies of road accidents
- Build good road and new road
- Introduce speed limit method
- Good monitoring and use of alcohol detective device
- Enlightenment campaign seminars and workshop for drivers.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
- What is road accident?
- Mention three remedy of road accidents
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.