TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: God gives his law to us.
- Meaning of the term Laws
- Reasons for the law
- Purposes of the law (regulate the relationship between God and his people). Exodus 20: 1 -11
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Meaning of the term Laws
- Know the Reasons for the law
- Know the Purposes of the law
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: society,discrimination,quarrels.
Memory verse: Genesis 20: 12
Bible references: Exodus 20: 1 -11
The Meaning of the Term Laws
Laws shows what we should do and what we should not do in the society. Laws can also be called rules. We also have laws in our schools, home because without laws people will keep doing the wrong things.
Reasons for the Laws
The following are reasons for following the laws:
- To promote peace.
- To guide us to know what we should do and what we should not do.
- To avoid quarrels.
- To help us maintain order in doing things.
- To check our behaviour.
- To treat every body without discrimination.
Purposes of the law
- To make the relationship between God and us to be strong.
- To know what he don’t want.
- So that we will not sin against him.
- To lead us aright.
- To obey him.
Prayers: My Lord and My God, your commandments and receive your salvation in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (God calls us for a purpose)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand God gives his law to us.
- She/he explain the reasons for Gods law.
- She/he explain the purpose of God’s laws.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention why God gives his law to us.
- Define the Meaning of the term Laws
- Mention the Reasons for the law
- Mention the Purposes of the law
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: God calls us for a purpose
NEXT LESSON: The ten Commandments.