TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WE ARE CHILDREN OF ONE FATHER
- The Fatherhood of God and the brother hood of man. John 1: 12 – 13, john 3, Matthew 5: 21 – 24.
- Significance of being in Christ, son of God.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain how we are children of one fatherhood
- Know The Fatherhood of God and the brother hood of man.
- Know the Significance of being in Christ, son of God.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Education Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: commandment, Significance.
Memory verse: John 1:12
Bible references: John 1: 12 – 13, john 3, Matthew 5: 21 – 24.
THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD AND THE BROTHER HOOD OF MAN
God loves and care for us because we are is father and we are his children. So he protect us and provides for us.so, in return we are to obey, love, do his will and serve him wholeheartedly. But many time we often disobey God by not keeping his laws and commandment. So for us to have a good fellowship with him, he sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die and save us from our sins. So when we ask for forgiveness from sin and accepted Jesus Christ as our lord and personal savior. We are now the sons of God ad we will enjoy all the benefits of being a son of God and we are part of the family of God.
We can ask things from God through Jesus Christ and know that we will receive them from God.
The Significance of being in Christ, son of God
The following are the Significance of being in Christ, son of God
- We live in peace and harmony.
- We worship God and do things together.
- We become children of God.
- There is assurance of salvation
Prayers: My Lord and My God, open our ears to hear you when you speak to us. Amen
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (God Speaks To Us ii)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand we are Children of One Father.
- She/he explain the fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the significance of being in Christ.
- State three ways in which we can relate with, and show love to one another.
- How can we become children of God?
- Mention three significance of being in Christ.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: God Speaks To us ii
NEXT LESSON: Attitude of Children of one Father