TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GOD SPEAKS TO US II
- Jacob’s encounter with God. Genesis 32: 22 – 32.
- Right attitude to be taken, when God is speaking. Ex 34: 27 – 35.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Narrate Jacob’s encounter with God. Genesis 32: 22 – 32.
- Say the Right attitude to be taken, when God is speaking. Ex 34: 27 – 35.
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students have been taught how God speak to us.
WORD FILE: wrestle,
Memory verse: Matthew 7: 24
Bible references: Exodus 33: 11; 1 Samuel 3; Genesis 32: 22 – 32; Exodus 34: 27 – 35.
WAYS THROUGH WHICH GOD SPEAKS TO US.
God speak to people just like he spoke to Moses several years ago. He speaks through is word, our heart.
The following are ways God’s Speak to us.
- Through dreams,
- His voice,
- His prophets,
- His word (Bible).
PURPOSE OF GODS SPEAKING TO US
The following are some of the reasons why God speaks to us.
- He want to give us an assignment (the story of Samuel).
- To lead jus in the right way.
- To tell us what will happen in the future.
JACOB’S ENCOUNTER WITH GOD
Jacob took the birthright and blessings of his brother Esau from Isaac their father. God told him to return to his father house after several year he ran out from his father’s house to his mother brother house Laban. Jacob obey and left with his wives, children, and all that he had. On his way to his father house he wrestle with an angel even when the angel touched his thigh and pulled it out of its joints, he still refuse to let the angel go until he was ask what he wanted. There is name was change from Jacob to Israel.
RIGHT ATTITUDE TO BE TAKEN, WHEN GOD IS SPEAKING
The following are the right attitude to be taken, when God is speaking.
- We should be humble
- Be patient
- listen attentively to his voice
- Be obedience to his word
- Be focus
Prayers: My Lord and My God, open our ears to hear you when you speak to us. Amen
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (WHY GOD SPEAKS TO US)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand GOD SPEAKS TO US II.
- She/he explains Jacob’s encounter with God.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the Right attitude to be taken, when God is speaking.
- Tell the story of Jacob’s encounter with God.
- What are the Right attitude to show when God is speaking to us.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
NEXT LESSON: We Are Children of One Father